Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** EA NL210 MK3 & CXL-112 - trades added & price drop
£750

intime-nick

[b]Price reduction to £700 [/b]

[color=#ff0000][b]I'd prefer to sell them as a pair but for reference the NL210 is £475 and the CXL is £225[/b][/color]

Having a bit of a clear out at home. I acquired these cabs last year as I wanted to give them a try-out. I don't have to tell you how fantastic they are especially when used together. However, I need the space and am now using my Berg AE212 for most gigs so it'd be good to move these on.

I would describe both cabs as being in very good condition - no tears, knocks, scratches, missing paint etc etc. I always take care of my gear (please see my feedback).

100% fully functional - no odd noises from the speakers and both cabs have only been gigged twice whilst in my possession.

The both come with good quality padded covers (the NL having the outrageously priced EA cover)

To sweeten the deal I have an EA iAmp 800 head that i am willing to throw in for an extra £250 if both cabs are taken at the same time. It is in good condition, fully functional and has the rack ears and original EA padded carry bag too. When paired with the cabs it sounds amazing and is one of the cleanest sounds I have ever heard.

Given the size, I'd prefer collection but am prepared to travel to meet up / deliver (within reason)

Pics attached (the rack & bass are not for sale) - if you need any more pics, please PM me and I can send them via email.

[color=#ff0000][b]Possible trade for a 5 string bass (fretted) or any Barefaced Series 3 cab / lightweight(ish) bass cab rated around the 600-1200W mark - cash either way. [/b][/color]

Specs from EA....

NL210 MK3 :[list]
[*]Configuration: 2x10
[*]Woofer: Proprietary EA Kevlar Neodymium woofers
[*]Tweeter: 1" Phenolic Compression Driver
[*]Frequency Response: 45Hz to 15kHz
[*]Sensitivity: 103dB @ 1m
[*]Sound Pressure: 130dB @ 1m
[*]Power Handling: 500 watts
[*]Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
[*]Connection Type: Two Speakon connectors
[*]Handle: Strap Handle on Side
[*]Size: 22.5"H x 17"W x 15"D
[*]Weight: 34 lbs
[/list]
CXL-112 :[list]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#282828]Configuration: Coaxial 1 x 12"[/color][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#282828]Woofer:[/color] [color=#282828]Custom Kevlar 12"[/color][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#282828]Tweeter:[/color] [color=#282828]1" High Effciency Phenolic Compression Driver[/color][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#282828]Tweeter Level Control: [/color][color=#282828]located on rear connection panel[/color][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#282828]Frequency Response: [/color][color=#282828]38Hz to 14kHz[/color][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#282828]Sensitivity: [/color][color=#282828]103dB @ 1m[/color][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#282828]Sound Pressure Level: [/color][color=#282828]128dB @ 1m[/color][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#282828]Power Handling: [/color][color=#282828]350 watts (continuous unclipped power)[/color][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#282828]Impedance: [/color][color=#282828]8 ohm[/color][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#282828]Connection: [/color][color=#282828]One Speakon Jack and o[/color][color=#282828]ne quarter inch Jack[/color][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#282828]Size: [/color][color=#282828]19"H x 17"W x 15"D[/color][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#282828]Weight: [/color][color=#282828]44 lbs (20 kg)[/color][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#282828]Handle:[/color] [color=#282828]One integrated custom cup handle on each side plus tilting leg on underside of cab[/color][/font]
[/list]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#282828]BOTH CABS NOW SOLD, THANKS[/color][/font]

Edited by intime-nick

Does anyone have any idea how the CXL-112 compares to the current EA 12" offerings (Whizzy 12, M-Line 12)?

Very tempted by the CXL. I understand your preference to move both cabs on together, but I already have an NL210 (and iAmp), so I can't help you out there.

Unfortunately I don't have any experience playing either of those two cabs - all i can tell you is that the CXL has a higher power rating and a separate (albeit co-axial) horn tweeter with tweeter level control. It might be good to hear some feedback from owners of both cabs but try this link as-well : [url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/euphonic-audio-cxl-112-vs-wizzy-112-a-164531/"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/euphonic-audio-cxl-112-vs-wizzy-112-a-164531/[/url]

EA 12cxl. Probably the most underated cab in the world. They sell for peanuts but are a very nice cab. You will not regret it. These are happily in the super 1x12" cab league but without the price. The market for them 2nd hand is very odd, but great if you are buying!

[quote name='humapuma' timestamp='1396519911' post='2414523']
In the meantime, does anyone have any EA 12 related insight?
[/quote]

I've had EA gear for about 13 years now, first an iAmp 350/CXL110/CXL112, then upgrading to an iAmp800 and more recently using that with a 2xCXL112 set up. I remember trying a Wizzy soon after EA brought them out, This was when Overwater were still acting as UK dealers and they had some in the shop. My memory is that while the cab sounded nice it didn't sound as big as a CXL, somehow lacking body. It's a long time ago now but that's how I remember it, although to be fair it was only in the shop at moderate volume so it might not've been a very fair test. Anyway I didn't buy one so obviously didn't like it enough to want to replace my CXL with one.

Of course that's just my subjective opinion. The opinion of my band mates on the sound of my various bits of gear are something else though and they always say I get the best sound through my EA rig. The rest of my gear's in my sig. They even prefer it to the V6/Vintage rig. If you're considering EA it's well worth it. The iAmp800 is a great amp if you want super clean, you can always add grit if you want it, and mine has been 100% reliable through countless gigs. Can't fault it, can't praise it enough. The CXLs are equally amazing, they produce a huge sound for their size and the transmission line design makes them fill a room with sound in a way I've not heard from any other cab. It's as though the sound from CXLs surrounds you rather than coming at you from the general direction of the cab, but still being very focused and tight. Nothing else sounds like a CXL112, 2 together are ideal but I'd love to try 2 with an NL210. The iAmp will go down to 2 ohms and (IIRC) deliver 1000w into such a load. I'm still considering this NL to add to my rig but can't quite justify it financially at the moment.

One word of caution re CXL112s - I understand it's virtually impossible to find replacement drivers for these any more. IIRC the HF driver is mounted on the front of the speaker chassis so you can't just throw any old speaker in there. You'd need one with the mounting on the chassis to attach the HF unit. Reconing might be possible but I don't know if you can still get kits for them so think carefully before you buy anything you can't be sure has not been abused.

Hope that all helps :-)

Thanks owen & Bassdriver.

Seems that for people who like EA (which I do) there's a lot of love for these cabs.

The lack of replacement parts is a drawback, but I suppose if the driver goes further down the line you could talk to EA about replacing it with a whizzy. There's someone on Talkbass who did that with good results.

Will PM intime-nick for more pics while I have a bit more of a mull.