Why become a member? ×

Bass in the PA causing it to break?

barneyg42

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1395985766' post='2408610']

Agreed!

I didn't know whether to raise my disgust with S4C or to continue laughing! ;)

For what it's worth, I used to go through the PA but for some unknown reason we started getting dreadful feedback through the stage monitors when it was a bass drum and my bass heavy part (we have an old Peavy system with proper bass bins), so now I just crank up my rig and wear earplugs! The problem with feedback for the singers and keys is now much better.

I think it's system age. And Myfanwy and Da need to wind their necks in!
[/quote]

You may have been putting bass in the monitors and this would spill into the kick drum mic. Also a lot of people push the lower frequencies on the kick drum channel instead of around 120Hz which is where more of the punch is. Recipie for feedback.

Avoid bass in monitors and use your rig for on stage sound unless you have good control over the monitor mix.

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1395998552' post='2408733']
If the problem is the Transformer, why doesn't it turn itself into something else, like something like really cool, you know like, like maybe a speedboat or a spaceship with like special laser weapons and stuff?
[/quote]

Or even a funky little mixer that works when more 5 instruments are plugged into it!!!