Why become a member? ×

***SOLD*** Lakland Decade Skyline
£600

ahpook

Well, I'm cringing whilst I write this as I feel a lot of regret in my immediate future, but up for sale is my Lakland Decade Skyline, bought last last year from Ebay (but actually came from a Basschatter iirc)

This is a beautiful instrument that sounds amazing, but I just can't justify keeping it at the moment.

It's in very good condition, a few small marks here and there. I've snapped a pic of the worst mark, just behind the bridge where a guitarist turned round unexpectly in front of me and a minor collision took place.

I've made two changes - one is to move the rear strap button (pictured). This is just down to personal taste and is something I've done to a few of my basses - no reflection on the Lakland at all. It's a tidy job and a few minutes with a cocktail stick and red nail varinish would hide the hole. Obviously the button could be reinstated in its orginal position if you fancied.

I've also earthed the pickup surrounds (as per a suggestion from a Decade owner here, using springs under the pickups wired to the earth). This solves the major gripe with these basses - that touching the surrounds creates buzz.

Talking of the pickups, they are amazing. This bass has humbuckers with coil taps and they are the fattest-sounding pickups I've heard.

So then, this comes with a Lakland case and is up for [s]£600[/s] £580 shppped in the Mainland UK [i]only[/i]

EDIT: Sorry folks, the thumbrest - I forgot to talk about the thumbrest I've added. This is made from a piece of plastic (part of an infra-red camera filter) and fixes to the bass using the the exisiting scratchplate screw hole. It's barely visible from any distance and could be removed in a moment. I found it very useful....and so can't work out why I didn't mention it. Ack - it's Friday.

EDIT: Might consider trading for something jazz-necked and, um....jazzy

Edited by ahpook

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1396723448' post='2416821']
No trades? I have a Skyline Bob Glaub with the Lindy fralin that I can no longer handle the neck on (wrist issue) feel like this would be the perfect replacement for it.
[/quote]

Sadly, I have to steer clear of P-widths necks - they're just too big for me.

I might consider something jazz-ish for trade though, but i'd much prefer a sale.

Just got this out of the case and played it for half-an-hour without even trying.

Buy it someone before i convince myself to keep it !

Still interested in something jazzy for a trade.

Edited by ahpook