Why become a member? ×

Overwater Scott Devine build

BassBus

Thanks Eude.

Interesting you mention it as early days. Pickup placement I like. The bridge pickup has a bit more body to it than those closer to the bridge so when it is soloed it doesn't get too thin. Dialing in the neck pickup just adds even more warmth.

This bass brings to mind my experience with my Status S2 and ACG. None of them have been instant love when they have arrived. Undoubtably fantastic basses but the bonding takes a little while. Took me about a month to bond with the ACG but now that is my goto fretted instrument. The S2 I wouldn't be without and this will get there in a few weeks.

Nice one mate!
I have an ACG being built right now and I'm planning on having one pickup in the MM position and one in the PB position, trying to ape the tones of both a Musicman and Precision bass in one, I expect the layout will end up similar to what you have there, if a positioned a little closer to the neck.

Eude

[quote name='BassBus' timestamp='1399380646' post='2443601']
Woohoo! Another build thread to watch? This is becoming a bit of a habit. Therapy needed. :D
[/quote]

Haven't actually started one yet, but it's on my to do list!

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1399374976' post='2443509']
Nice one mate!
I have an ACG being built right now and I'm planning on having one pickup in the MM position and one in the PB position, trying to ape the tones of both a Musicman and Precision bass in one, I expect the layout will end up similar to what you have there, if a positioned a little closer to the neck.

Eude
[/quote]

Best tones in bass, good idea.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1399382384' post='2443649']
Best tones in bass, good idea.
[/quote]
Well, it won't get the growl and sizzle you get from a modern jazz bass setup, but my 6 string can get that in spades, but this should cover everything else.
The preamp will be switchable active/passive, so I should hopefully be able to get a pretty good version of a passive P Bass along with an active MM tone.
I imagine combined, it could sound enormous :yarr:
Oh, I'm hoping to have the MM style pickup switchable too, series/parallel/singlecoil too, so if should get close to a PJ too :ph34r:

Eude

• 1 month later...