Why become a member? ×

It can blow a man's b*lls off at the count of three ....

The Dark Lord

Don't care whereabouts they send me now ....... this has to be the ultimate pub band bass rig.

The sun was shining today, so I got the top down in the sports car and headed off to Andertons in Guildford and bought myself a new TC Electronic RH750.

Just spend a couple of hours in the banquet hall finding out just what it can do.

Paired up with my recently acquired "as new" Barefaced Compact Gen 2 .... it's awesome.

[attachment=157639:IMG_2877.jpg]

So much volume on tap, the lights in the castle sort of dim when you hit those big notes ..... and your ears start to go a bit funny after a couple of minutes.

I don't really care if I'm ever up against two guitarists with full stacks "up to 11"now. No guitar stack will beat this for sheer firepower.

One note on the RH750. Like it's little brother, the RH450, it doesn't really do clean. Then again, neither do I !!!! It's a little bit grainy no matter where you put all the dials. But what a sweet, sweet tone.

I can't imagine what this would sound like in 4 Ohm double Compact or Compact / Midget form .......... I suspect I will get the war chest out and discover the answer to that in the very near future.

Edited by The Dark Lord

I've just scaled down to this one :D : replaced the Super Twelve with a Compact to go with my Streamliner 900, for an even easier lift. At 26lbs or so, it's just daft how much noise comes out of that box...

I was of the opinion that I was never going to use the S12 to its full potential, so I thought I might as well make life even easier on my back.

I may still keep my Schroeder, though - that's 2x15s in a similar sized box...however, my tinnitus is always gonna be the eventual winner... :unsure:

The Compact/Midget combination is a wonderful rig.

To be honest I rarely use both - it's mostly the Compact for gigs and the Midget for rehearsals and smaller pubs.

My favourite is the Compact with the Mesa Walkabout head but for convenience and still no compromise on volume, the Midget and Streamliner copes very well.

I'm spoiled for choice really. ;) :P

Enjoy the new rig. :)

Frank.