Why become a member? ×

Totally British : 70's Rock on BBC4

molan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01r6x99

Watched this last night and realised I think I saw just about every single band on the show live!

I moved to London in '78 and spent many a night out on the pub circuit. In fact it was seeing some of these bands in previous years that was a major influence in going to Uni in London instead of Oxford or Bristol.

Graham Parker was my personal favourite, such a cracking live band but most of the bands on the programme were great to see in little London pubs and clubs :)

Edited by molan

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1394369253' post='2390697']
Watched this last night and realised I think I saw just about every single band on the show live!
[/quote]
Me too. My favourites were the Feelgoods, Eddie & The Hot Rods and Ducks Deluxe. Bees Make Honey were also one the best on the London pub circuit. It was great time to be around London for that sort of music.

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1394371209' post='2390726']
Me too. My favourites were the Feelgoods, Eddie & The Hot Rods and Ducks Deluxe. Bees Make Honey were also one the best on the London pub circuit. It was great time to be around London for that sort of music.
[/quote]

Never saw Bees Make Honey. Eddie & the Hot Rods at the Marquee in '78 was a great gig. The place was absolutely rammed, the hottest I've ever been at a gig - came out and my shirt was literally drenched with sweat :)

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1394371948' post='2390734']
Never saw Bees Make Honey. Eddie & the Hot Rods at the Marquee in '78 was a great gig. The place was absolutely rammed, the hottest I've ever been at a gig - came out and my shirt was literally drenched with sweat :)
[/quote]
You're spot on about the Marquee. I think even in the coldest winter it was still a sweatbox. I remember seeing the Feelgoods there once and a bloke spilt a pint of lager all down the back of a girl in front of us and she hardly noticed as everyone was soaked in sweat anyway.