Why become a member? ×

NAD - MarkBass CMD 121P

Mornats

It`s nice to have the ext cab for a greater depth of sound, but in terms of volume alone, I`ve found the combo is fine on its own. And the guys in my band are forever asking if they can help me with my gear, probably so that I`ll then have to lend a hand with their (heavy) items.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Little update on my combo. I've fitted an IMG Stageline HT-30 Miniature Horn Tweeter as a replacement for the annoyingly hissy stock tweeter and it sounds really sweet still.

I've also plugged in my Ashdown VS-112 cab as a second cab and it adds a really nice deep warm bassyness to the sound which I love. I have to be careful with the volume as the cab's only rated at 150w but I've not had the combo above 3 on the volume knob.

The rubber on the handle is starting to wear a little and rip near the edges that feed into the black plastic. This is after a few months of very light use too which is disappointing but not the end of the world.