Why become a member? ×

London Bass guitar show - what did you like/dislike?

BaggyMan

Toys! lots of great basses and Noise!
First up i was surpised that Ernie Ball was the only mainstream manufacturer with a stand. (apologies if i missed Fender, Gibson, Pedulla, Lakland...didnt see your stands guys.;o( ..)

What is encouraging was the number of smaller bespoke manufacturers, AC basses for example, there were other its just that I picked a business card whilst talking to John East on the stand next door.

Prices for these small builders were very good IMHO. Actually considering a purchase (following selling a few of the current stable)

Had a good chat with the chaps from a forum called [i]basschat[/i] and vendors who were all friendly and happy to be there. All except one thing

[i]Slap bass showboating[/i].

Dont get me wrong I love slap bass, and many other techniques besides. But after about ten minutes of a whole room of clackity clackity clackity slap bass from all sundry was driving me nuts [i]and probably driving up coffee sales I suspect[/i].

A few years back there was a noisy quarter hour per hour (at the Excel centre). that made the day a lot more balanced I thought.

Anyway. A great range of basses, old and vintage, good to see some music shops are still out there, great representation from industry notables, all in all a good show. Just wish it ahd been a little bigger.

Come on[i] Fender and pals[/i] lets see you in 2015 please.

What did everyone else think??

Edited by BaggyMan

Loved Leland Sklar and him signing my bass
Liked TM Stevens, Frank Bello, Paul Turner,my new Stirling RAY34CA and two sets of strings and a strap in my goodie bags
Didn't like Jeff Berlin and John Taylor and the fact Fender and Ashdown were missing and the number of exhibitors were down plus the price of a sandwich, missing Mo as Jeff Berlin overran and missing another masterclass so I could go buy a bass