Why become a member? ×

Purple chili. 4x10 ????

bad back

Just wondering if anyone has any experience or has used the purple chili 4x10 ?
I'm trying to go lightweight and I'm now using a terror bass 500 .
It sounds awesome through my obc 410 but I still haven't got the sound I like from the barefaced 2x15.
Think I prefer 4x10 . Any help would be much appreciated .
Thanks

You should try the PC 4x10 yourself as it may not sound anything like the Orange.
The Orange (& the Barefaced) don't sound like they do due to the speaker diameter or layout, but what make of drivers are used & how the cab is designed.

Thanks.
Yeah I would try and use one before I bought it .
Just trying to see if any one on here had a experiance with these cab. I'm not very technical minded but just not getting a sound I like out of the barefaced 2x15 . I don't really want to go down the 2x12 route as I think I'd probably be hankering after the 10 again. So I want to make sure my next cab is right

Try some 2x12s, you might get a surprise. Like I said, it's not the 10s that have the sound, but the speaker & the cab design. Barefaced are designed to sound the way they do.
I bet the 10s in my Markbass sound hugely different to the ones in your Orange. :)

What music do you play and how loud do you need to be?

Most of the lightweight cabs being built are 12's, but if you really have to have 10's the first thing I'd do would be to check out 210 cabs and get 2 of them. I did that when I got my 2 Bergantino AE210 cabs and they were fantastic. IMO if a bad back is the reason for going lightweight (mine is pretty bad) then there is no 410 light enough.

In the end I found that 12's were lighter so I switched to using them. These days I'm using a Bergantino CN212 (with a folding trolley) which is loud enough for most of my gigs.

I'd also check out the Barefaced 112 cabs.