Why become a member? ×

Fretless wanted. Will be my 1st fretless - advice appreciated

Sara SG

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1393919673' post='2385711']
Try a Westone Thunder fretless... cheap as chips, does the job :)
[/quote]Bought a thunder 3 fretless when they came out in the 80s,no probs on your knee but on the strap it was all neck with the small top horn.Difficult to get the vibrato and stuff going at the far end of the neck.Fought with it for a few years then sold it.Got a Jap Jazz at moment and its much easier to work

• 9 months later...

Thank you all so much for your advice. In the end I tried out a few fretless basses and I fell in love (literally) with a Squier fretless P-Bass style. It was so beautiful to play in the shop. However after they set it up for me it lost some of its Mwah! So I went back and exchanged it. I set the next one up myself and its great. It feels familiar as I play a Squier anyway. But this one is about half the weight! Im using it on a recording for a song I have written. It still has the original strings currently. I am practicing at home, and have not played it on stage as yet, but will do soon :)
I will try and close this topic now if that is what I am supposed to do. The forum has been very helpful