Why become a member? ×

Muting footswitch.

NancyJohnson

My system chain is bass > Sansamp RBI > (effects return of an) Ashdown EVOIII > cabinet(s). The RBI is also connected to a Korg tuner via one of its other outputs.

I'm looking for a smallish switching unit that I can put inside my rack that can break the signal chain between RBI and the amp so I can tune up silently; ideally this needs to be controlled via a long guitar lead plugged into a footswitch. Anyone got any idea?

And yes, I know the amp has a mute button on it, but there's no facility to mute the amp via a footswitch!

Cheers
P

I don't know of anyone who makes a switch like this, but it'd be very easy to make you own. Just do as the guy in your link has done, only hook up a stereo lead connected to a latching footswitch in place of the toggle inside the box (connect the shield to earth). Or wire it to a stereo jack if you'd prefer to be able to disconnect the lead to the footswitch.

Would it not simplify your setup if you simply had a small pedal tuner at your feet , in line from your bass to your RBI. Use a true bypass one (eg. Korg Pitchblack) and you will not be negatively affecting your signal at all. Then one stomp gets you tuner and mute at the same time.

I shot an email to Ben at Vein Tap to see if he'd knock one up for me, but he hasn't answered (yet). I guess I could wire one up myself...anyone know where I can get a cheap tin box from?
P

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1393587511' post='2382216']
Would this be any good?
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Murder-One-Killswitch-Pedal-for-Guitar-Bass-and-Keyboard-/231156203054?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&var=&hash=item35d1fbbe2e"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item35d1fbbe2e[/url]
[/quote]