Why become a member? ×

Markbass 801, anyone have experience with this or similar mini combos?

Kev

Well it turned up today, and my first impression was this

[attachment=157531:IMG_18801.JPG]

:|

Fortunatley, despite Parcelforce/DHL Germany's best efforts (and some questionable judgement of a suitable box size by Thomann), the amp and it's internal box are untouched.

...and I'm really, really impressed! The little thing has such a superb full sound! The VPF is the only knob I use on MB amps so don't really miss the EQ or VLE at all. Really lovely sound and has a good bit of volume too! Sounds great with my Warwick and Rickenbacker with little EQ adjustment needed. Headphone amp is, quite possibly, the best I have used on an amp/combo, really good clear high quality tone. Not tested the DI yet, but don't anticipate issues. No tweeter, so no horrible hiss! Happy with my decision to go for it and got it for a great price, compared to the few UK stockists. Happy to return to the MB tone :)

• 8 months later...

I have one & I think it's very good , I was going to use it as a bass monitor but what I didn't like was that if you turn the volume up that also turns up the DI signal up ...It's easy to think you have a great big full sound & that's OK for practice but when I A/Bd it against my Ashdown / Barefaced rig I realized how small it was sound wise .

• 1 month later...