Why become a member? ×

SOLD
£800

Shockwave

Hey guys.

I am scaling back my bass playing drastically as I have decided to concentrate on something else, I have two custom basses incoming with very little room to store them. As such my baby is up for sale.

UP for sale is my lovely Gibson Grabber. Black/cherry, maple neck, brass nut, replaced original bridge with a Hipshot one (Original included). Has had a recent refret and neck refinish. Looks lovely and plays lovely! Truss rod is absolutely fine. Comes with original beat up hard case. This is a VERY reluctant sale. Loads of mid range clank if you want that sort of tone.

[url="https://soundcloud.com/chinspinner/oubliette"]https://soundcloud.c...inner/oubliette[/url]

(I recorded my bands EP exclusively with this bass, for an idea of tone take a listen ^^. Pretty good for a practice room demo)

Body has dings and scratches but is in good condition for a 36 year old + bass.

Currently has Dunlop straplok's and Tension correct Pyramid strings tuned Drop C. Has had a recent set up at the gallery. This is one of the nicest condition Grabbers you will ever see these days so grab it quick!

Reduced to £750. Not haggling on the price at all. Pickup from Wimbledon, London. I will pack the bass but the buyer will have to arrange for a courier.

[b]EDIT: Trades I may consider. [/b]

Any Ovation Magnum in good condition plus cash.
Any Kramer Aluminium neck bass in good condition plus cash.
Vigier Passion II straight trade plus maybe a little cash from me.
An earlier Grabber in good condition.
Gibson Money bass plus cash.
Gibson Long scale SG straight trade (Not SGZ)
Guild B series plus cash.
Oddball Gibsons plus cash.
Musicman Stingray + Small amount of cash.
May consider a cheap Fender of some description plus ALOT of cash.

[b]Any basses offered must be in amazing working order, with a proven working truss rod and have good life in the frets. No noisy pickups, must have a low action. It needs to be GOOD and GIGABLE. [/b]

Edited by Shockwave

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1395069598' post='2398252']
Stunning, I still miss mine! Tempting.
[/quote]

I will miss this when it's gone. Paying off my debt is more of a concern though. Selling this will make me way in the clear for the first time in 11 years!

I have now updated the trade lists to include Stingrays.

Edited by Shockwave

• 2 weeks later...