Why become a member? ×

Cort Curbow 5-String Bass

Owen

[quote name='owen' post='536656' date='Jul 9 2009, 06:03 PM']As far as I know it is in excellent condition. I have no idea what the pick up is. I will get Tim to chime in.

Cheers.[/quote]

Hey Guys, this is Tim (the owner of the Curbow 5). The bass is 2 years old, there are no faults with the guitar, everything works fine.
The pick-up is a Bartolini Mrk1. The guitar is missing the G string, but the strings will need changing anyway...

Hope this helps!

[quote name='BigBeatNut' post='536727' date='Jul 9 2009, 07:34 PM']What exactly is that funky finish ?[/quote]
I don't know exactly, but it kind of looks like a coloured broken ice type pattern (hence the name). I remember reading about how it was supposedly done, but unfortunately can't remember the actual details.

Gorgeous though. And those ebanol fretboards are so nice...

[quote name='BigBeatNut' post='536739' date='Jul 9 2009, 07:43 PM']What is it with these Curbows and missing strings ? [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=43652&view=findpost&p=432685"]LINK[/url][/quote]
Maybe I should take mine down to 3?

[quote name='andrewrx7' post='537013' date='Jul 10 2009, 08:51 AM']I see the title has changed - is this now sold then?[/quote]
Someone has said "I will take it for the advertised price". I have passed him on to the seller and I take it that it is all going through. I will report back if anything changes.

[quote name='Eight' post='537499' date='Jul 10 2009, 09:05 PM']*Phew*

Now if that other Curbow will just go then I won't have to worry about remembering to lock myself out of my PayPal account before coming on this forum.[/quote]

How much is the other Curbow up at? Don't remember a price being on it. Played one of the Tanglewood ones when they came out and was suitably impressed.

I reckon you should get it, you'll regret it later! Comes in a nice gig bag too.....

Dunno About the bass , But that Finish IS Killer ,i would take something like that to replace pictures on the wall if not more.

..Or a carbon/composite/graphite high-end bass with that finish it would fancy --too much maybe--

Gonna investigate ,maybe is just the Shadow-light pattern of the picture that gives this marvellous result.
Mystic ice crazer i saw often looks different to me

Edited by alexlotta

Never got into the sound Of those cort ebonol guys .

Yep The "Mystic Ice" I think You mean,but this one has a different pattern (much classier ,less Chaotic--Less "crazy",at least for my tastes )
and looks Even More "silvery" ,that's why i fancy the finish,with the black shadow staining into silver .

Provided With a more unconventional Shape,it would be an Eye catcher.

I had a look on the Cort Color page,
But that one looks different ,unless there is A Just a casualty of this one or a game of picture-lights.

[url="http://www.cort.co.kr/english/tip/tipColor01.asp"]http://www.cort.co.kr/english/tip/tipColor01.asp[/url]

It looks like a cros Between Faded trans (ftb) and Mystic ice "Silvery".

Edited by alexlotta

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='537522' date='Jul 10 2009, 09:39 PM']How much is the other Curbow up at? Don't remember a price being on it.[/quote]
If memory serves, there was a price on it a while ago (which I won't post), but Crez then decided to take trades and offers so removed the asking price.

[quote]I reckon you should get it, you'll regret it later! Comes in a nice gig bag too.....[/quote]
Hahaha. Please don't encourage me. :rolleyes:

I love my Curbow, but right now my money would be better spent on a cab than a sister for her. :)

Edited by Eight