Why become a member? ×

Wintersmith

icastle

Well I never!

Steeleye Span and Terry Pratchett!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ6QgOA1pj4

Seems like Chris Tsangarides is the producer and having worked with acts like Thin Lizzy, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath and Gary Moore, this is gonna be folk rock with the emphasis on ROCK! :)

Headphones and plenty of volume... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfEUBJLZSHw

[quote name='the_skezz' timestamp='1392480416' post='2369250']
Yes yes yes! Got it the other week just after finishing the Tiffany Aching books, by and large a cracking album (a couple of forgetable tracks on there IMO, but still getting a lot of playtime at the moment). The Wee Free Men track's absolutely cracking. Crivens!
[/quote]

I've read loads TP books, but the Tiffany Aching ones I've somehow missed.
I'll have to keep an eye open for them.

I'm wondering if there's going to be a crossover here - Pratchett fans getting into Steeleye and vice versa. :)

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1392481462' post='2369269']
read all TP's books so much I can almost quote em now, My favourite author!
[/quote]

I'd never read anything of TP's until about 10 years ago.
Some of my friends used to call me 'Weatherwax' and wouldn't tell me why.
One of them eventually let on who 'Weatherwax' was so I bought Wyrd Sisters to find out.
I really can't be having some of my friends. :)

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1392481462' post='2369269']
Love the Dark Morris with its prog time sig, and also We Shall Wear Midnight, which makes me sniff!
[/quote]

I found The Dark Morris Song on YouTube last night - I was wearing headphones and almost fell off of my chair!
Looking forward to hearing the rest of it. :)

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1392490242' post='2369424']
Haha nice friends you have :)
[/quote]

To be honest, the more I read, the more I recognised my attitudes and viewpoints. :D

The Tiffany Aching books, were kind of written for kids, TP did a few like that, they are still cracking good reads for us big kids though !
[/quote]

Ah, that's maybe how I've missed them up until now then - I'd assumed they were a spin of from 'Lords and Ladies'.
Still, makes no odds to me - self cred beats street cred any day of the week. :)

Haha nice friends you have :)

The Tiffany Aching books, were kind of written for kids, TP did a few like that, they are still cracking good reads for us big kids though !
[/quote]

Absolutely, the Pratchett sense of humour's still very much present and they've got some of the creepiest villains of the Discworld series. Not to mention the Nac Mac Feegle, who're just about my favourite fantasy characters.

[quote name='the_skezz' timestamp='1392555225' post='2369941']
Absolutely, the Pratchett sense of humour's still very much present and they've got some of the creepiest villains of the Discworld series. Not to mention the Nac Mac Feegle, who're just about my favourite fantasy characters.
[/quote]

From whence we get the old saying 'Skezz is away with the Nac Mac Feegles again'... :D