Why become a member? ×

pm's and emails

rodacademy

[quote name='rodacademy' timestamp='1392157978' post='2365560']
can you guys tell me, if you send a PM to another member, does it still send them an external email?
cherrs
[/quote]

It depends on their settings in their Profile/My Settings/Notification Preferences.

I can't remember the 'default' setting; someone else can answer that part, perhaps..?

[quote name='rodacademy' timestamp='1392158850' post='2365569']
cheers for that! sent a couple of pms and had nothing back!
[/quote]

Patience, perhaps..? Some folks 'check in" several times a day, others, once a month. If there's a real urgency, admins could help, but not for trifling affairs; more 'life and death' stuff.

I sell quite a lot of gear and it always amazes me how people contact me in apparent urgency about an item, plague me with PMs and then when I send them the PM with payment details I get no reply :rolleyes:

Anyway, you can check whether the other member has read the PM on the PM thread itself. If it says that they haven't, they might still have read the email, or read the PM in the pop-up window on the BC homepage when they logged in, so you can't be really sure that they haven't. However, if it says they have read it, then they have, unless of course they opened the PM and just didn't bother to read it!