Why become a member? ×

Good lightweight gigbag wanted.

I've been looking at the Overwater leather ones, does anyone know how heavy they are, and how well padded.

I'm currently using an Incase gigbag that I got in the States last year, it's fantastic but it's heavy, so I'm after something a bit lighter, BUT, I don't want to compromise on protection.

My bass has a hard case that I usually use when I'm in the car, but I travel by train a lot, and then I use a gigbag.

This looks a good one too, I'll have to weigh my Incase one later and see how the weight compares.

[url="http://www.monocase.com/mono-bass-guitar.asp"]http://www.monocase.com/mono-bass-guitar.asp[/url]

Edited by 6stringbassist

I've got an Overwater/Harvest canvas job - very good protection and well made. Best I've ever seen. Not really heavy, but is fairly big. I think the leather ones are slightly smaller? (but more expensive).

The Levys canvas version is great, but I don't know where you'd get one - maybe Gallery or Evilbay from the states?

[quote name='simondee' post='233703' date='Jul 6 2008, 06:48 PM']will you be flogging the incase one once you've found a replacement? i'm desperate for one![/quote]

Hi

Yeah, I won't need two, so if you're interested let me know.

I it's in excellent condition, it's just a tad heavy with my bass in it, my bass is well over 10lbs, and the case is about 8lbs.

Kevin

That is a nice case, and fully waterproof which is nice. I've wanted an incase for ages, but can't afford it at the moment.

Ideally I want to find the case i have again (its a levys shaped a bit like an incase, not shaped aroudn the body and neck of the bass), its a levys canvas that has lasted me ages! But they stopped making it!

Hi Kevin
I've got one of these [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GX15-B-Electric-Bass-Deluxe-Padded-Case-Free-P-P_W0QQitemZ160262101663QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item160262101663&_trksid=p3911.m14.l1318"]EBay Link for Tribal Planet Gig Bag[/url] And it's superb!! Offers great protection, integral moveable neck support and weighs just over 7lbs.
And the guy who I got it off is great too. I missed out on one of his auctions and he gave a me 2nd chance to buy one now for a tenner delivered! So I ordered one and it turned up the next day!! A real bargain :)