Why become a member? ×

Bass Clinics/Masterclasses ?

ML94

Hey guys,

I wanted to know if there was a website somewhere or something someone has compiled with people/dates of bass clinics. I would love to go to one but don';t know where to start in looking for them.

So does anyone know where I can get my hands on this stuff ?

I don't know of any website that compiles dates of masterclasses. But since you're in Brum you might like to keep an eye on this:

[url="http://www.academyofmusic.ac.uk/locations/location.php?id=6"]http://www.academyofmusic.ac.uk/locations/location.php?id=6[/url]

I go for my private bass lessons at AMS Birmingham. They do have masterclasses from time to time, although I've never managed to get to one as they always seem to be on a weekday when I haven't been able to get the day off.

If you like their FB page you'll get regular updates about what they are putting on.

Hope that helps.

They have them in shops sometimes, I've been to see Marcus Miller at a shop in London about 5 years ago, and I saw Victor Wooten at DV247 a couple of years ago.

They have them at colleges too, but they're usually just for the students, I've gotten to see Matthew Garrison and Reggie Washington together and Anthony Jackson with Mike Stern at mine. Janek Gwizdala and Laurence Cottle are both pretty regular clinicians there too.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1391044010' post='2352748']
They have them in shops sometimes, I've been to see Marcus Miller at a shop in London about 5 years ago, and I saw Victor Wooten at DV247 a couple of years ago.

They have them at colleges too, but they're usually just for the students, I've gotten to see Matthew Garrison and Reggie Washington together and Anthony Jackson with Mike Stern at mine. Janek Gwizdala and Laurence Cottle are both pretty regular clinicians there too.
[/quote]

Rub it in my face, why don't you :D