Why become a member? ×

Shipping - who's responsibility?

GreeneKing

[quote name='Jonnyboy Rotten' timestamp='1390927769' post='2351400']
I think the seller refusing to be responsible for shipping also reduces the incentive for the seller to make doubly, doubly sure about packing the item well and offering the best possible protection.

Otherwise they (in theory at least) could get away with a single layer of bubble wrap and a few bin liners to send a bass guitar through the post without worry of comeback if (and in all likelihood) when it arrives at the other end damaged.
[/quote]

This

increasingly I find I will only do deals with folks I 'know' from here - and that includes both buying and selling - because there's an increasing number of people on the forum who, to my mind, push the limits of what is reasonable behaviour between two private individuals.

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1390979467' post='2351829']
there's an increasing number of people on the forum who, to my mind, push the limits of what is reasonable behaviour between two private individuals.
[/quote]

:o :( Eek! Hundreds of people are now thinking "I hope he doesn't mean me!!".

That's a pretty damning statement. Do you have evidence or examples of this type of behaviour? :huh:

Back OT - one potential problem area is when trading. If there is no money changing hands there may be more of a tendency to skimp on the shipping. After all, it can't be charged to the buyer. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I personally regard myself as responsible for any item until it arrives in the buyer's hands undamaged. Then it's their problem! :P