Why become a member? ×

Markbass CMD 1 x15 cab combo or RH450 2 x 10 ?

garybass45

Hi, I have rh450 and I had rs212 I tried RS120, I think 12" are really nice and warm.
Now I use it with 2x10" markbass traveler and rh450 sound really nice. I have played Markbass CMD and it is awesome so whatever you choose is good

If you are playing James Jamerson stuff and finger technique I would go for 12" or 15 inch. Also it does not matter to what you really play on stage unless you miking it up.

Also: Tc Rs450 comes with few features like:
It is small so if I know that the venue have cab I take head to my gigbag ( I played it trough all sorts of seakers and it sounded grear from Rs 210, rs 212, markbass 210 traveler, pavey 410.. once even plastic pa cab as the venue told me they have cab there).

Tube tone (I don't use it so much but it is usefull)

Build in compression

Build in Direct output ( pre/post)

Digital out (high quality for recording)

insert efect
Headphones output
aux in

Clarity of tone and punch.

You can use 4 o 8 ohm speakers. You have option of using 4 different settings ( very useful if you have different basses I have fretless, passive jazz bass and active passive 5 string and I don't have to play with pre during the gig as you just press button and you have it there). and massive one for me is built in tuner. Sound is really great and it is very powerful for how small the thing is. I only hear compliments.

Cons: I think that the knobs are not as strong so if you buy one I recommend to glue them on (I have lost 2 of them) Also get the gig bag for it as it can get scratches easily, however it is build very well and I really play it almost every day and I gig often) I only hear compliments about the amp.

Markbass: Size, sound is same
Cons: No tuner and no settings, no tube tone ( tube tone is not massive thing but sometimes is nice tool)