Why become a member? ×

A mile or 2 up the long road

Marc1t

This is only my second post here, reading a few comments in my first post I think I would improve by looking for other musicians to play with. Now then I'm gonna be honest I havn't been playing very long & so I'm not very good! I'v learnt a few songs but its taking time, whare is the best place to start looking? what I think Im looking for is a group of guys who would have patience with me & not in a rush to play at Wembly & preferably not e-mail me 100 songs to learn before next Saturday

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1390820327' post='2349777']
Give an advert on gumtree a go, or try joinmyband.

Just write a few lines about what your looking for and your expectations etc :rolleyes: Then once you've waded through 15'000 replys from metal bands you'll hopefully find something suitable.
[/quote]

Thanks, Metal bands? Are they the ones who only think we have an e string & hit it with the volume turned up to 11? will give it a go

It's quite a good idea to put ones location in the ones profile; that way everyone in the vicinity can become interested..? Another twist could be contact through Skype video, too..? What exactly would you like tips or advice on..? Setting up the instrument..? How to get a 'sound'..? Fingering exercises..? Help with a particular song or passage..? There's plenty of good answers to your questions here, too..! B)

Hi Marc.
I put an ad on partysounds.co.uk looking for someone to jam with. said pretty much the same as you have and after a few false starts, met up with a guitarist and drummer. Been with them for almost a year, we write our own stuff and have a good time playing together. They are way more accomplished than me, but seem to like the noise I make. As many other bc er's have said, wish I'd done this years ago.
Just make sure you all get along and you'll learn a lot while having a hell of a lot of fun.
Best wishes,
Mark