Why become a member? ×

Grouping pedals

KingBollock

Sorry, I am having (another) dumb moment. I know you can get pedals that you can use to group pedals together, so say I need to be able to turn two pedals on and off simultaneously, but I can't for the life of me think what they're called. I keep thinking Loop pedals but that keeps coming up with some thing entirely different.
So, what are they actually called? Are there any particularly good ones or ones to avoid? Is it possible to build your own, assuming I have the skills to build more commonly home built pedals, and if so are there any designs to look out for?

Right, I think that covers it and makes sense. Help? Please?

Thanks guys! I had been searching for loop and looper pedals but just kept getting sampler type things.

I am new to pedals, most of my stuff is in a rack but the distortion is somewhat lacking so I am having to go with pedals. I've got a Digitech Bass Driver, which I adore, and my wife just bought me an Ashdown Hyperdrive; the two together sound amazing.

I have now, thanks to you guys, found a wiring diagram for a looper pedal that will suit my needs. I also intend building a pedal for controlling my amp, which will include a channel switch so I can go from a clean SS channel to a tube channel, and I want to build a simple booster to boost the tubes.

Most of the effects in my Behringer V-Amp Pro are actually pretty usable, but I also use an old Zoom GFX-707 pedal that I bought for guitar a million years ago, in case I want to have more than one effect, say flanger and chorus, on at the same time. I need to replace the Zoom, though, because half the buttons on it don't work anymore making making new patches difficult. Even though it is the guitar version it still sounds really good (for a cheap Zoom pedal) with bass, without filtering out the bass, it also has an incredibly versatile tuner built in, the V-Amp Pro is meant for bass but still struggles with a low b string, where as I haven't found a tuning the Zoom won't do. Unlike my Boss GX-700, which hates bass, which is a real shame because it is brilliant for guitar. Oddly, I have seen at least two people on BassChat with one of those in their rack I did ask how they used it and if they actually used it for bass (mine is in my rack along with my bass stuff, so it isn't a given that they do) but never got a reply (I only asked in the thread, not PM, so they might not have seen it).

Sorry about that, I got a bit carries away, I am quite excited about it all.

Edit: Thanks, too, to Wooks79 for the PM. I am rubbish at PMs but always feel guilty for not replying.

Edited by KingBollock

After seeing how easy it is to build my own, needing just 4 sockets, the right footswitch and a case to put it in, I am going to do it myself. It would be so easy to add a second loop that I might do that anyway, even though I don't need it at the moment.

I love building stuff my self and would always prefer to if I can, and I would save money, which is always nice. So, sorry guys, but thanks for the offers.