Why become a member? ×

FS: Barefaced Super 12T - SOLD
£600

Bass Culture

SOLD

I am reluctantly selling my BF S12T cab as I've been band-less for a year and having a stadium-filling cab sitting there and being used for little more than bedroom practice is a waste. So I'm down sizing to one of Alex' smaller cabs, in the expectation that band-playing will not be so frequent in future. If you're looking you'll likely already know what the S12T looks like and is capable of - it looks and is spec'ed like this:

[url="http://barefacedbass.com/index.php?page=super-twelve"]http://barefacedbass...ge=super-twelve[/url]

Quite the best cab I've owned, with gloriously defined and articulate mids, smooth highs and strong bass. I've owned mine from new for about three years and it's been gigged perhaps half a dozen times in that period (hence the sale). I used to raise it off stage with an amp stand, and play smaller pubs, and it was terrific - really full and punchy with great sound dispersal. I've used it live with a TC RH450 and, more recently, with a Trace AH300SMX, and I've never been happier with my sound. Really responsive with finger playing and the tweeter really adds definition. Hell, you all know what these are about - for some ( I say [i]some[/i], all you Berg etc, owners out there!) probably the best single cab option available.

Mine is the silver cloth version (mmm, retro-tastic...), no piping. Excellent all round condition, the only issue is a small flake of cabinet 'paint' missing from an underside edge which can't be seen in normal use. I only noticed this the other day, when I was giving the cab a once-over ahead of putting it up. There's absolutely no damage to the cab material underneath so I'm not too sure how this came off. I've contacted Alex for some paint but he's not sent any out yet. There's some wear on the castors but they're still perfectly serviceable and there's good few more miles in them yet.

I 'd prefer not to 'horse trade' so I think £600 is a fair price for a straight sale. No trades please as the S12T's replacement is already lined up. Sadly I can't send it as I've no packaging but I'm happy to deliver up to a reasonable distance from Chester at a rate of about £20 per 100 miles for diesel. Goes without saying, I hope, that you'd be welcome to pop over to Chester to try the cab in person. Thanks all. Mark

Edited by Bass Culture