Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SOLD THANKS.
£80

As title, my Zoom H2 handy recorder, in excellent working order complete with all accessories.

£80,
would accept partial trades for either an SD SPB1 precision pickup and or a Fender deluxe gigbag in excellent condition.
Pics:

[url="http://s185.photobucket.com/user/Peasmold/media/IMG_9710_zpsf997abe9.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s185.photobucket.com/user/Peasmold/media/IMG_9711_zpse6178133.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s185.photobucket.com/user/Peasmold/media/IMG_9712_zps14313c7d.jpg.html"][/url]

Thanks, Tom.

Edited by tom1946

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1390605294' post='2347612']
I'd like something to record rehearsals with but I don't want it to come out sounding like audience source gig videos on YouTube.
[/quote]

Sorry to hijack the thread a little, but Zoom recorders are great. I've got an H1 which is a step down from the H2. You can opt for an automated recording level OR you can switch that off and set the recording levels yourself, which is great, particularly if you choose .wav file recording over .mp3. Much better quality, obviously - though of course this reduces the recording time available.

I use mine every week at rehearsal (drums, guitar, vocal, bass), bung the recordings online and send everyone a link. Works a treat. And if you spend a little time patiently getting it in the right position, it's surprising how good the results can be. Recommended!

Edited by discreet

As Discreet says, quality is very good. We used it in church to record a service with our band which has bass, drums, keyboard + 6 & 12 string guitars.

Excellent results as you can record front & rear too.

HTH.
Tom.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1390655749' post='2347974']
...the plan is to develop tunes completely from jams, so good rehearsal recordings would be really valuable.
[/quote]

Most of our material is written this way. It's a very organic way of working, is great fun and everyone gets an input.
You record a fair amount of dross too of course, but it's well worth it for the gold you would otherwise miss.
A wise purchase, sir. :)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1390656177' post='2347983']
Most of our material is written this way. It's a very organic way of working, is great fun and everyone gets an input.
You record a fair amount of dross too of course, but it's well worth it for the gold you would otherwise miss.
A wise purchase, sir. :)
[/quote]

Yeah it's mostly because we've got a full-time turntablist in the line-up and our drummer is very talented and I think if we all developed songs in private they probably wouldn't get to contribute as much. If we use an improvisation as the starting point then everybody's in on the ground floor, so to speak.