Why become a member? ×

My Kids have the Guitar bug :)

Thunderbird

Well I have been playing the bass badly for a while and my kids have become really interested in guitars and music which I think is great my 10 year old lad is plodding away learning the 6 string and getting on well and my 2 year old lad is fascinated with my practice bass so he has been making some very weird and wonderful noises with that and has developed a new playing style where you lay the bass on the floor and do weird things to the strings glad its my cheapo bass lol anyhow he keeps saying guitar so Mrs T and myself have bought him one of those tiny little kiddie guitars from ebay so he can strum along with his dad :) I think it is great the boys have such an interest in music at such young ages who knows they could be the next virtuoso :) but joking aside it is great also that they have chosen to do it of there own free will :)

My son is 15 and turning into a great guitarist. He said to me the other day he'd learnt to play 'Holiday in Cambodia' and lo and behold he could play it perfectly, leading to an afternoon of jamming old and new tunes. Nothing better.