Why become a member? ×

2 parts Warwick, 2 parts Fender, 1 part NS Design

thumbo

Here's my current crop-

Fender 1974 Precision (all original)

MIM Jazz (with EMGs, Badass and NO tacky white scratch plate), 74' P, Stealth Jazz

Stealth Jazz Bass (fretless)- made of various bits n' pieces

NS CR4M

Warwick Thumb bolt-on (98' model with wenge neck)

Streamer Stage 1 (with ebony fretboard, black hardware, d-tuner)

Great basses Thumbo,

Love the '74 Precision......looks like one I used to have a few years ago. I see that the red in the sunburst on the front has started to fade, the same thing happened to mine - I think it gives it a great look.
Also I found that on mine, when outside in direct sunlight the black on the 'burst had a greenish tint - is that the case with yours? (I wonder if it was something to do with the paint they used at the time - had it with a Ric from the same period?)

Anyway, one mighty fine looking bat!

Mart.

[quote name='woodenshirt' post='2037' date='May 19 2007, 09:29 AM']Great basses Thumbo,

Love the '74 Precision......looks like one I used to have a few years ago. I see that the red in the sunburst on the front has started to fade, the same thing happened to mine - I think it gives it a great look.
Also I found that on mine, when outside in direct sunlight the black on the 'burst had a greenish tint - is that the case with yours? (I wonder if it was something to do with the paint they used at the time - had it with a Ric from the same period?)

Anyway, one mighty fine looking bat!

Mart.[/quote]

I really like the fading too, it looks kind of more tobacco sunburstish! I know what you mean about the greenish tint too, mine does that. It's not that noticable, but under really strong natural light it's visible.

bass_ferret, I wish I'd gone for the neck without fretlines TBH! I actually find it easier to play fretless without the lines because it forces me to rely on my ears for intonation. My ears work better than my eyes.

Thanks for the comments folks :)