Why become a member? ×

Kingbasses are ace...so I got one.

AndyTravis

Liked my KB1, but alas the body was too small for me and it just didn't hang right when used on a strap, plus the pre-amp was too powerful and clipped any amp with the gain set anywhere above 1/4. I found myself constantly tweaking the eq to get a decent tone which drove me mad

That said, the build quality was fantastic and i just think it was not the right bass for me. If i had the cash, i'd look for a headed KB2 i think, the bigger body would work much better.

So...after 36 hours and my face is hurting from grinning like an idiot.

It was sad to see the Stingray Classic go, in an ideal world - I'd have kept both basses.

It's been a long time since I've had a bass I've been giddy over.

Love the thing.

http://instagram.com/p/jWMTdkOQUf/

I love Statii and coming from near Colchester originally that's a good thing.

My Empathy was great but a Kingbass is the only bass I've played that just didn't work ergonomically.

Not true actually, Epi Bird and NT Thumb 6 both had too much neck dive for me, not an issue with the Kingbass.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andy, just wanted to say when I was getting my KB of MB1 .....sorry mate, I have to be honest, its the right thing to do, I had a fiddle your Bird too. ( the lights sold it to me thought I thought yours had a slight "edge" sound wise, but I wanted the lights their so shiny!!) glad you're enjoying it and that you are PLAYING!! again good man! W

[quote name='witterth' timestamp='1391103755' post='2353341']
don't misunderstand by "edge"[i] I meant yours sounded better (a bit!!) [/i]
[/quote]

No, completely took it as intended. Think we both got the right ones - the 16.5mm spacing threw me a bit.

And I'd never use the lights...got that out of my system with a Spector I had in about 2001.

Thinking about ordering a Status fiver - hopefully a second hand one will turn up soon.