Why become a member? ×

New Squire Classic Vibe Jazz-Bass 60

NJE

I am sure I cant be the first person to post this up so please excuse me if someone has already posted (i did do a search before hand), but i just saw this new Squier and I have to say it looks tasty and I may just get one. I was going to sell my Musicman and get a jazz but why bother, this looks great, imagine badass, pickup cover and maybe a new preamp from the states on the cheap, and you got a snazzy looking jazz and a hell of a lot of fun.

[attachment=10297:0303075505_xl.jpg]

I think the new Squires are great however I dislike the feel of the necks. What necks I do like are the new Vintage Advance AV4 basses and AV4+1. Great looking and has some tricks over the fenders like better acces to the top frets, definetly thinking about getting one.

[quote name='NJE' post='230862' date='Jul 1 2008, 08:22 PM']I am sure I cant be the first person to post this up so please excuse me if someone has already posted (i did do a search before hand), but i just saw this new Squier and I have to say it looks tasty and I may just get one. I was going to sell my Musicman and get a jazz but why bother, this looks great, imagine badass, pickup cover and maybe a new preamp from the states on the cheap, and you got a snazzy looking jazz and a hell of a lot of fun.

[attachment=10297:0303075505_xl.jpg][/quote]

Be wary....be very wary and play one first. I have yet to find a recent Squier Jazz that sounds like a Fender Jazz and I have just sold one I had for 2 years with a J-Retro East pre-amp on it and a good bridge. It wasn't a bad bass but it wasn't a Jazz.

[quote name='E_MaN' post='230871' date='Jul 1 2008, 08:35 PM']I think the new Squires are great however I dislike the feel of the necks. What necks I do like are the new Vintage Advance AV4 basses and AV4+1. Great looking and has some tricks over the fenders like better acces to the top frets, definetly thinking about getting one.

[/quote]
Hopefully they've improved the build quality...I tried a couple of the Vintage basses a few years ago and it felt like bits were going to start falling off.

[quote name='Dave Dubya' post='231721' date='Jul 3 2008, 01:50 AM']Hopefully they've improved the build quality...I tried a couple of the Vintage basses a few years ago and it felt like bits were going to start falling off.[/quote]

From what I've heard, those Vintage basses are pretty sound.

I really like the look of those Squier Jazz basses though. I have high hopes for them since the VM series are so good!

[quote name='eastwind' post='230894' date='Jul 1 2008, 08:52 PM']I have yet to find a recent Squier Jazz that sounds like a Fender Jazz and I have just sold one I had for 2 years with a J-Retro East pre-amp on it and a good bridge. It wasn't a bad bass but it wasn't a Jazz.[/quote]
What are the differences in sound between a Squier Jazz and a Fender Jazz? I would have assumed that they'd sound similar, or the Squier would be made to try and emulate the Fender.

Does this apply to all Squier Jazz models, or just the less expensive ones?