Why become a member? ×

Markbass SA450

Mr Fudge

I've done it and bought the SA450 from bass merchant.

Next .... the speakon cable to jack from head to cab I assume doesn't come with amp. I have never used one of these leads, do they have a name? can you recommend a make? Also after spending £500 I am a bit reluctant to put it in a bag. I have never had rack mounted amps before. I realise the I need the "ears". Any advice or recommendations on rack mounting.

Cheers. I have found some of the advice and help invaluable on here, keep up the good work.

Hi.

You can use either a speakon or a normal jack cable with these - it's a clever 'dual' type of socket.
My SA450 came with rack ears included - although I'm not sure if it was supposed to. I keep mine in a maplins type aluminium box. Fits very snug!

For the cable ask OBBM naturally. I have 3 of his speaker leads and they are by far the best.

As for racking, there are a variety of options from soft bags, to ABS plastic cases to wooden/ply cases with foam linings. These increase in protection, weight and cost in that order (I opt for ABS plastic for my Hartke).

The best thing about a rack head for me is to have a 1U tuner above the head, one of the best bass-buys I've ever bought.

[quote name='paul h' post='230857' date='Jul 1 2008, 08:17 PM']I have a speakon to speakon you can have Fudge. I might be up there in a couple of weeks.

I might not though.

P.[/quote]

I think I need a speakon to jack. We have B&Q boxes full of speakons to speakons. Be sure to check out the latest addition to my family, Marcus .... If you leave it any longer you might have a non bass addition to check out as well.