Why become a member? ×

Eeves - Alone (studio)

Marsy

I like it a lot man! It's really good. I love the tune, the performances are lovely, a great feel overall like you are all totally comfortable with the material and had a very happy time recording it. There are some lovely instrumental moments, the guitars are really nicely arranged. Yer man's got a very nice voice, I'd like to have heard some higher harmony type notes in the last chorus to give it a lift, to take the lyric somewhere before the end, but that's nitpicking. Good bass tone, drums and bass sound like a great unit, very nice supportive phrasing, spot on! The whole package feels familiar but with real personality and enough individuality to stand up to scrutiny from them critics.

Entirely professional mate. There must be a decent market out there for this. Got any videos? I wonder what you lot look like :)

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed that, it's got a definite pace about it, it's travelling, it's agile and it's crisp. I think it's well mixed, vocals are clear and prominent, but no elements are overpowering. It's got that weird feeling of space and at the same time being ballsy and substantial. Bass tone has an enjoyable bit of grit in it when the song requires it. I don't have anything to gripe about in 3 listens. Nicely played, everyone involved.