Why become a member? ×

GONE: Squier Vintage Modified Fretless Jazz with Badass II
£175

alyctes

I'm selling my Squier Vintage Modified Fretless Jazz with Badass II.

Lined fretless, four-string, passive, tobacco-ish sunburst.

The bridge has been replaced with a Badass Bass II.

So far as I can see it's pretty much spotless; there is a scratch on the electrics plate by the jack socket, but I think that's it.
Someone has had rounds on it, so there is a little marking on the fingerboard, but nothing serious. At the moment it's wearing Status Hotwire steel flats.
It comes in a tweed hard case which I believe is original to it.

Bought from BCer hathernman for a project which I'm not in any more.

There is an issue: The electrics are not quiet on all settings. I believe this must be a pup earthing issue, because it is silent on some settings, but I've neither the time nor the talent to fix it.

£175 plus shipping, firm (I think it's easily worth £200 fixed, given the Badass, and I reckon £25 to fix it professionally).

Pics here: [url="http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/alyctes/library/Squier%20VMJ%20fretless"]http://s1295.photobu...0VMJ%20fretless[/url]

(Trades considered, but I've got too many basses already... Bank transfer preferred but PayPal is OK so long as the buyer covers the fees.)

Edited by alyctes

Interested in this mostly for the neck, as I've been after a lined fretless J neck for a project for a while. I don't suppose you'd consider parting it, would you? I suspect you'd make a bit more than the £175 asking price if you did.

Alternatively I have an 80s MIJ Yamaha BB400S lined fretless, all original (except one unmatching strap button) and very nice condition for the year. Straight swap?

Jon.

• 2 weeks later...