Why become a member? ×

Markbass Mini CMD 121P LM3 Problem

moncur

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Hi, wondering if anybody has had the same experience as myself with the Markbass Mini CMD 121P LM3 Combo.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]On Friday evening I went to use the amplifier. However, there seems to be a problem with volume coming from the speaker. I plugged a cable into the Line Out socket, and it does provide a signal to a mixing desk and works fine through a house PA. After maybe 30 minutes, the speaker suddenly comes to life for all of a few minutes, and then cuts out again. I have tried the bass amp again yesterday & today, producing the same results.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Normally I just run the amp on its own for small pubs and clubs. If it is being used for anything bigger, I use the Line Out. It has never really been played at a loud volume, so I am a bit miffed if I have blown the speaker.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]If anybody could shed some light on this issue I would be very grateful. Thanks.[/font][/color]

I suspect it's more likely to be the connection between the amp & speaker. Check the connection at both ends. I once had a similar thing with a cab and the cable had come away at the speaker end & just needed re attaching.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1387782871' post='2315484']
If you bought it new & you haven't abused the combo, get in touch with where you bought it & ask them to fix it (for free of course). Do this before you start opening things up yourself.
[/quote]

Good shout. Opening up a cab or head can void a warranty. UK MB warranty is 2 years (although I'm not sure if this is transferable to a 2nd owner).

Initial repair would lie with the retailer but if they are unhelpful then the UK distributor are brilliant on warranty stuff. I can put you in touch with them if it is a warranty issue and the retailer isn't a lot of use :)