Why become a member? ×

Absolute Bass Beginner

Absolute Beginner

I can't comment on the similarity or difference between Jazz bass necks and Ibanez necks (which I've read are skinny) but I know that Jazz necks are great to play. Don't worry too much about neck thickness; if you've average sized hands you should find it fairly easy to accommodate different profile necks (I have a 5 string bass and it's no less comfortable to play compared to my Jazz). If you do go down the Squier Vinatge Modified or Classic Vibe Jazz bass route then you have ample opportunity to later upgrade the bass if/when you get more confidence and knowledge... http://basschat.co.uk/topic/167390-squier-vm-jazz-upgrades/

[quote name='Absolute Beginner' timestamp='1387708267' post='2314677']
Thanks all.

Can anyone recommend a good music store in Hertfordshire, UK - one relatively close to Hemel Hempstead ?

Cheers.
[/quote]
[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1387712809' post='2314765']
Coda in Stevenage (they also have another branch, cant recall where) springs to mind. They usually have a fairly good choice right across the price spectrum.
[/quote]

Agreed, they`re also a good bunch of guys in there, happy for you to try out instruments. No attitude, and there`s free parking all along the Old Town where it`s located. The other branch is in Luton, same deal as Stevenage, but on free parking - nearer to us Hemelloids though.