Why become a member? ×

EQ pedal transforms Terror Bass

Guest MoJo

Since buying my TB500H, I've found it's fairly ineffectual EQ less than inspiring. An experiment at lunch time today brought a huge smile to my face and transformed the Terror Bass. All I did was to put a Boss GEB-7 in the effects loop and instantly I had a lot more tonal control. Having tried it in front of the amp, I was sceptical but in the loop, it makes the TB much more versatile. Result

[quote name='Jonesy64' timestamp='1387372755' post='2311179']
Interesting stuff Mark...I have a Danelectro FishnChips lying around that I'll try out.

Where are you setting the EQ on the TB?
[/quote]

I started with Gary's (grunge666) 'Bass at 9 o clock and Mids boosted slightly which sounds great for punk or grungy rock but I found it lacked the bottom end I was looking for. I swapped to Bass = Full, Mids = 9 'o' clock, Treble = 2 'o' clock. This was better but still missing the real low end I used to get when I played through a GK MB800 into the Schroeder. The EQ pedal fills in the low end nicely. The bass control on the TB seems to do very little compared to the mid control. Also, I've dialled the HF tweeter back in on the Schroeder and it sounds really good with the TB where it was way too 'glassy' with the MB

Edited by MoJo