Why become a member? ×

Fame Baphomet M/M 4 string => NOW SOLD!
£450

Bassdude BE

[color=#008000][b]EDIT: NEW PRICEDROP DUE TO PENDING MOVE, NOW 395£ INCLUDING SHIPMENT![/b][/color]

Hi,
as i'm looking for a more vintage looking/sounding instrument i'm offering Fame Baphomet Gothic MM up for trade/sale.

These are real cracking basses handmade in the Mayones factory in Poland and offer amazing craftsmanship and build quality for the money. (Warwick eat your heart out!)

This one is played only a couple of times as i bought it in an impulse thinking i needed a more modern sounding instrument in my arsenal, but after some more A/B'ing i still prefer the sound of my passive jazz for most of the stuff i play,
so that's why i'd now like to move this on or possibly trade this beauty for a good passive Jazz. (can ad cash for the right jazz)

These basses cost around 900Euros new and this one still looks like new &
just had a pro set-up with some brand new DR Sunbeams (45-105's) ,
the fretboard has been cleaned with lemon oil, the body had an extra coat of wax to protect the finish, the intonation is spot on, the battery has been changed and all the electronics have been looked over. I've spend around 50£ for the set-up at my local luthier and another 25£ for the strings, and keeping in mind how little it has been used i'd value this around 450£ in value.
[b][s]Price is 450£ + shipping costs[/s][/b][color=#FF0000] [b]=> NOW SOLD![/b][/color]

[b]The bass also comes with a basic but sturdy Stagg gigbag.[/b]
I also have a fitting box and lots of packing materials to ensure safe shipping.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Features: [/size][/font][list]
[*][color=#3300FF]Alder[/color] Body
[*]5-teiliger mit 6 Schrauben verschraubter Mahagoni-/Ahornhals
[*][color=#3300FF]Ebony[/color] Fingerboard
[*]2 MEC-MM-Style Alnico Humbucker
[*]MEC-2band-[color=#3300FF]Active[/color]-Electronics
[*]Black WSC De Luxe Mini Bass Tuners
[*]Black De Luxe Bass Bridge
[*]Schaller Security Straplocks
[*][color=#3300FF]Finish[/color]: Black Satin
[/list]
[url="http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/GBP/Fame-Baphomet-Blonde-4-Gothic-2xMM-/art-BAS0002125-000"]http://www.musicstor...-BAS0002125-000[/url]

[attachment=154677:DSCN0981.JPG][attachment=154678:DSCN0989.JPG][attachment=154679:DSCN0977.JPG][attachment=154680:DSCN0976.JPG][attachment=154681:DSCN0986.JPG][attachment=154682:158661820_3-fame-baphomet-blonde-4-gothic-2xmm-actieve-basgitaar.jpg][attachment=154683:DSCN0974.JPG]

Edited by Bassdude BE

[quote name='shemeckfrac' timestamp='1387475233' post='2312461']
If the sound is anything similar to Mayones BE4, which looks very similar, then this is great value for the money
[/quote]

Hi bud,
thanks for the comment, they're very similar basses indeed,it's exactly the same build as the Mayones,
the only difference is that this bass has an ash body and MEC MM-style humbuckers instead of the MEC jazz pu's that are on most of the BE series.
All in all a very growly, deep sounding bass with lots of tonal options ( a bit too much options for my taste , but that's personal preference ofcourse.. :D).
Ah, and due to the relatively small body size she's very lightweight as well,weighing in at just under 3.8kg on the bathroom scales. ;)

Shipping to U.K. mainland now included!.

Edited by Bassdude BE

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Bassdude BE' timestamp='1389895787' post='2339301']
bump,
can't believe this is still here with all those overpriced basses flodding the forum these days,
if you want a quality instrument that wont cost you an arm and a leg you should really check this out,
she sounds and plays wonderfull and i think the price i'm looking for is more than reasonable for an instrument of this quality that
has seen very little use... or is it just me thinking that.. :P
[/quote] Its not you I just think that not many people have the money to spend on basses atm I know I don't but your bass is nice GLWTS

• 3 weeks later...

PRICEDROP BUMP, NOW 399 incl. U.K. SHIPMENT! Really need to shift this now as this doesn't get enough use and i'm moving out of my apprtment next week and would like to clean out the house before i start packing. Quick sale prefered , trade only with passive jazzes with quality hardware (can ad cash to the trade) or an interface/external soundcard + cash my way.

BUMP!

Looking to sell this quick now as i have my eye on a nice FGN jazz bass that's for sale in a local store,
so i'm hoping this sell this before next wednesday, otherwise i will trade this in at the store when i plan to buy my new bass.

Played her again yesterday and the new set-up is superb!
Low action,straight neck,superb playability, BIG SOUND!
I've played several Warwicks in the past, including 2 doublebucks like this one and all in all the Baphomet sounds the same, but feels more solid
and easier to set-up due to the better bridge and tuners and she looks a lot better too... she's definitely a bargain for someone! :)