Why become a member? ×

Mutli FX Pedals?

Skybone

Been using my good old Line6 PODxt for both guitar and bass duties for a long time, but I'm considering (again) whether or not to get a dedicated bass multi FX pedal. The PODxt sounds pretty good to me, using guitar amp models & cabs for bass for practising at home, recording and (very) occaisional jams.

In the past I've had both a Behringer V-Amp Bass modeller and a Line6 Bass PODxt. Neither, IMO, sounded that impressive in comparison to the Guitar PODxt, the Behringer seriously failed to impress, where the Bass PODxt was good, it wasn't that good (or maybe I've just got used to hearing the bass through the red PODxt!).

Been specifically looking at the Vox StompLab 2B, which is getting good reviews, but doesn't have the deep editing faciility of the POD or other USB connected pedals/modellers.

Has anyone got or used one?
How does it sound?
Can you get a good sound out of it without too much messing about?
How is it to edit patches?
Is the interface intuitive?

Another option would be to get the Line6 Bass Expansion pack and load it on to the xt, but at $100 (not sure of the exchange rate just now!), is it worth it? The plus side is that I know the interface, can use the PC based Editor software to tinker with patches/sounds/mic placement etc and don't have to worry about where I'm gong to keep another piece of kit! :rolleyes: :huh:

In one way, I'm pretty happy to keep using the guitar amp models, but a part of me wonders what the bass would sound like with a virtual SVT or Super Lead Bass... :unsure: :blink:

That's another one that's swaying me away from the Line6 Pack.

They've focused on developing the Guitar specific stuff, and kind of left the Bass side to fend for itself. They integrated bass models on the PODx3's, but seem to have left them out of the HD line.

That's what annoys me about line 6. I have podfarm for my mac. Just hardly any bass amps/effects on there. The interface looks cool and everything.
Great if you're a guitarist, but not for bass. The expansion pack is too expensive.
Nothing on the ipad either!
As for garageband ..absolutely nothing for bass!