Why become a member? ×

darkglass b7k or b3k + tonehammer???

Guinness21

I could really do with some help! :(

I'm just about to put a pedalboard together. I'll be running an Aguilar TLC compressor, and a fuzz - probably a W & C tall font russian, or a musket or something like that. I also want to include an overdrive on the board - I'm considering both pedals in the title and the darkglass vmt too.

I love the vintage-y sound of the vintage microtubes, but I've heard from a number of people that it just doesn't work either side of a fuzz. The b7k is awesome, but the EQ would only be adjusting the distorted tone - whereas the b3k with another preamp (probs tone hammer) wouldn't be the case.

SO, what do I do? Does anybody have any experience of these pedals? Or any of the ODs alongside a fuzz?

Any help much appreciated, thank youuu :D

[quote name='Guinness21' timestamp='1386701489' post='2303323']
I could really do with some help! :(

I'm just about to put a pedalboard together. I'll be running an Aguilar TLC compressor, and a fuzz - probably a W & C tall font russian, or a musket or something like that. I also want to include an overdrive on the board - I'm considering both pedals in the title and the darkglass vmt too.

I love the vintage-y sound of the vintage microtubes, but I've heard from a number of people that it just doesn't work either side of a fuzz. The b7k is awesome, but the EQ would only be adjusting the distorted tone - whereas the b3k with another preamp (probs tone hammer) wouldn't be the case.

SO, what do I do? Does anybody have any experience of these pedals? Or any of the ODs alongside a fuzz?

Any help much appreciated, thank youuu :D
[/quote]

Apologies if I am misreading what you say, but the B7K affects both the clean and distorted tone and having an EQ pedal after a B3k will be basically the same :)