Why become a member? ×

GONE: Aria GT 4-string, trans blue
£120

alyctes

Aria GT-series. £120 plus shipping.

I don't know much about these. Active bolt-on 4-string, single humbucker. The seller talked it up as a "Ray killer", but I don't know Rays. It looks pretty and businesslike, to my eye. The body has a nice trans-blue front and tidy cream binding.

Bought from ebay some time last year, but I've barely played it. Good condition; a flaw in the paintwork and a tiny (1mm square) ding in the tip of the headstock are the only problems I know of. The flawed paintwork suggests it might have been a factory second?

Neck is fine but too chunky for my taste; it's 43mm wide at the nut. The pup sounds nice but is a bit weedy, IMO. Controls are Vol/Bass/Treble; the two tone controls have central detents, which is a nice little feature.

Currently wearing Schaller straplocks; I'll swap these for conventional buttons unless the buyer wants the Schallers.

Pictures here: [url="http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/alyctes/library/Aria_GT-series"]http://s1295.photobu.../Aria_GT-series[/url]

Edit for width at nut.

Edited by alyctes

[quote name='Mcgiver69' timestamp='1387533084' post='2312945']
Mine started as backup and now has become my main bass, I changed the pickup and the electronics and now is a monster.
[/quote]
Interesting :) - what did you swap in, if I may ask?

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Moos3h' timestamp='1386627193' post='2302474']
MB1.
Naughty Step Mr Moos3h!
PM your offers please!
[/quote]
Is that a Forum rule? Cheers for the info.

alyctes I've been looking at your bass for the last month, very tempting but alas the time is not right for me. :( GLWTS

[quote name='namefail' timestamp='1390552727' post='2346618']
Is that a Forum rule? Cheers for the info.

alyctes I've been looking at your bass for the last month, very tempting but alas the time is not right for me. :( GLWTS
[/quote]

Thanks mate :)

At this rate it'll still be here when the time [u]is[/u] right :P