Why become a member? ×

West Midland/Worcestershire Jam Nights?

Basschatfield

Hey guys,

Can you guys let me know about any Jam sessions around West Midlands/Worcestershire?

The only one I know and go to is the 'Worcester Marrs Bar'. I'm looking for places where a bunch of musicians get on stage, pick a key and start Jamming, instead of a place where they play the same songs every week.

Cheers guys.

Hi all. The one I regularly go to is at the Barge and Barrel, Tipton, second Tues of the month. However I don't think it is the kind of jam the OP is looking for. People usually turn up with their own bands and just do 3 or 4 of their usual songs.

The other one I've been to recently is KevB's jam on a Sunday afteroon. That's much more along the lines of what Basschatfield wants. People can just turn up and have a jam with other musicians, but they usually pick exisiting songs to do. Doesn't mean you have to know them in advance though, if you can pick them up as you go along. But I haven't seen anyone just doing freeform kind of jams there.

Only trouble with this one though, is it isn't exaclty in the West Midlands. :o It's at the Greyhound, Beeston near Nottingham so probably a bit far for the OP.

If anyone knows of anything more W Mids based, I'd be interested in that as well! :)