Why become a member? ×

I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!

joe_bass

I ordered a Warwick Streamer $$ from a shop in Germany because it was in the sale, I did this last Sunday and on Monday was asked to make a money order to them. I made this on Tuesday.

I just received a call earlier to tell me that they have my money (£968 worth of euros!) but that they've sold the bass!!!!

I was at the doctors at the time so told him I'd call or email back.

I don't believe this!!!

Did they wait for my money to turn up before actually reserving the bass?!?!?!?!?!

:) :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Edited by joe_bass

[quote name='joe_bass' post='227903' date='Jun 27 2008, 11:42 AM']I ordered a Warwick Streamer $$ from a shop in Germany because it was in the sale, I did this last Sunday and on Monday was asked to make a money order to them. I made this on Tuesday.

I just received a call earlier to tell me that they have my money (£968 worth of euros!) but that they've sold the bass!!!!

I was at the doctors at the time so told him I'd call or email back.

I don't believe this!!!

Did they wait for my money to turn up before actually reserving the bass?!?!?!?!?!

:) :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:[/quote]

That is terrible you should use the refund to buy a plane ticket then go over and kick the guys ass

Edited by waynepunkdude

That's not great but TBH shops are probably promised sales every day and they will rarely conclude, so in that respect you can't blame them not reserving till they had your money.

Why not ask them if they can supply you with an identical model? Failing that they will be giving you a full refund right?

[quote name='joe_bass' post='227920' date='Jun 27 2008, 11:53 AM']I doubt a full refund to be honest, it cost me £20 to send the money and I will probably get charged to receive the money back again so I'd be losing about £40 from the whole experience I think.[/quote]

Then the onus is on them to source an identical one. Explain the situation to them. Since they're in the same country as the manufacturer it shouldn't be too difficult for them to get on the phone and sort it out

Yeah handmade German basses, they have a few and look pretty good but there is an 8 week waiting period and I just want to get a bass/my money back and get out lol.

I've now emailed them saying I've had a good look through the site but can't find anything I'd like and that I want a full refund that also covers all bank charges that I have incurred/ may incur having the money sent back... or a custom shop corvette $$ that has taken my fancy but is however 200 euros more.

This is still on going...

They've now told me that they are going to contact Warwick today to see if they can source another one.

I've been waiting all morning to hear but nothing in the inbox yet. They've also told me they will not pay my bank fees if they are to give a refund.

So right now it looks like I've got the choice to just sit on the possibility that they can get another one (no idea how long it would take, I wouldn't think too long but you never know do you!) or they refund me and I've wasted approx £27 at least on bank charges.

Starting to get pretty p*ssed off now. :)

Now got a reply saying they've spoken to Warwick who can get a replacement, however they can't get it as cheap as the other one they sold so therefore can they have my bank details to refund me.

So it's either the option of an alternative bass that I don't particuarly want, or a refund minus £30 or so.