Why become a member? ×

SOLD: 1979 Ibanez Musician MC924 (940?) Fretless
£425

tezza-j

SOLD! THANKS DAVE

For sale a really nice Ibanez Musician Fretless bass from 1979.

I don't have a case for it and it's all working apart from a few crackles from the pots that is probably just dust.

The active circuitry is all working too.

There is also a small completely stable crack near the E string tuner (see picture below).

There's also been some butchery in the past that has left a hole near the electrics (see picture) and there is also an XLR socket where the old normal jack input used to be. I haven't tested if this input is working.

However, saying all that, it sounds great and everything works as it should.

To reflect the changes the price is low at price drop - £325.

Not many of these around anymore!

No trades please

Edited by tezza-j

• 2 weeks later...

It is a 940DS (Dark stain) defretted: i bought a 924 DS new around then (ebony unlined board: used with a Trace 1812 stack 400W bi-amped into a single 101Kg (19st!!!!) cab housing a 12 a 15 and an 18!!!) which i used for ages... fabby sounding basses and really well made; stupid expensive in the day.. worked for an oil company and had to save!!
Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the MC924 is the 24 fret version. Nonetheless these basses are absolutely incredible! The first big boy's bass I ever played was the fretted 24 fret version and it looked exactly like this... I still remember that tone. Such power even through a 1x12 combo! Criminally low price. Good luck!