Why become a member? ×

We'll just have to take his word for it

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OVATION-SEMI-ACOUSTIC-FRETLESS-BASS-ex-JOHN-ENTWHISTLE_W0QQitemZ220249136918QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220249136918&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C65%3A10&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OVATION-SEMI-ACOUSTI...id=p3286.c0.m14[/url]

:)

sad thing about this is that he could well be telling the complete truth, and he really cant prove it, but i would have thought it would have been wrote on the reicipt or something somewere that it wasnt a normal stock bass??

[quote name='BassManKev' post='224565' date='Jun 22 2008, 10:58 PM']sad thing about this is that he could well be telling the complete truth, and he really cant prove it, but i would have thought it would have been wrote on the reicipt or something somewere that it wasnt a normal stock bass??[/quote]
I used to have a black Ovation semi-acoustic guitar similar to this which I bought in *cough* 1976.

Nobody could ever find that as a production model, either, because it was a cheap knock-off sold through American catalogues.

This guy's bass may have belonged to Entwistle -- although his wording about the sale is very careful -- but without concrete provenance it's nothing. You'd have thought, if he was buying a star's bass, he might have asked for some proof.

Cheers

Mark

Edited by misrule