Why become a member? ×

Are you Eno? Keys/Sounds Wanted

discreet

[b]Are You Eno? Keys/Sounds Wanted[/b]

OK, if you don't know who Eno is, stop reading now and go away. If you do know, then continue... we are looking for a keyboard player for a rock/alt/indie band which will consist of drums, bass, guitar and vocals...
...only we're looking for a drummer as well, so if you know one...

Anyway, we're not looking for a keyboard player to hammer away with both hands like Elton John and generally get on everybody's bloody nerves. What we ARE looking for is someone with proper gear that can access lots of different sounds, effects and soundscapes in a support role for the guitar, primarily. No Rick Wakemans, please!

And what [i]I[/i] don't want (as bass player) is someone who is a bit too keen with the old left hand. I could do without you encroaching on my frequency territory frankly, so back off! We don't want a 'virtuoso' piano player. In fact, you don't even have to know any chords or [i]anything[/i]. We want someone who would be happy to play very minimally, do what is necessary for the song and be sensitive to what is going on around them. The exact opposite of a 'proper' keyboard player, in fact. :D

You'll need your own gear and transport. You'll also need to live in London, ideally. We rehearse in East London. You will get a share of gig money and rehearsal costs will be taken care of, but not transport costs -sorry.

These recordings are a bit whiskery now - but have a listen anyway, and if you like what you hear then hit me up.

[url="https://soundcloud.com/hour-of-the-dog/"]https://soundcloud.c...our-of-the-dog/[/url]

I thank you! :)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1382880282' post='2257459']
Music sounds great - I'd wager that the songwriter is a fan of The Cult. Like the third one especially, great bassline too
[/quote]

Well thank you sir. The singer does sound a little Astbury-esque, doesn't he? :)