Why become a member? ×

fender jaguar

Black Coffee

Love my mp jag.
The main difference between the squier and fender models afaict is that the neck is glossed, and the pups are fender models rather than the Duncan designed ones on the squier

To me it doesn't matter where it's made- as long as its a good instrument. If its good it gets gigged!

Edited by dudewheresmybass

Only thing that bugs me about them is that the P pickup is significantly nearer the neck than a Precision. Different tone.

It's a pity. The Jaguar shape is my favourite bass shape, but for those looking for a P tone, it's just not quite right, for what I'm wanting anyway.

Edited by hamfist

• 2 weeks later...

I tried out several fenders yesterday in my local music shop, I ran out of time before i got to the jaguar bass to try so I need to get back there and try it

BUT I did try out the modern player jazz bass which is made in china and it was really good.
My findings on what i tried yesterday:

Fender usa deluxe jass bass - natural finish £1500 ish: playability=awesome 10/10 sound / tone = awesome 10/10
Fender MIM jazz bass - sunburst £650 ish: playability = average 6/10 sound / tone = average 7/10
Fender modern player jazz bass - sunburst £400 ish : playability good 8/10 sound / tone = very good 8.5/10
Squier VM jazz bass - natural £250 ish : playability very good 9/10 sound / tone = average 7/10

These are just my humble opinion based on me paying hard cash for one of the above. I wish i could justify the £1500 for the deluxe bass but that isnt going to happen this year
disapointed with the MIM bass just not as good as either the modern player or squier
I wish the modern player played a bit better as the squier

still undecided!!