Why become a member? ×

Seymour Duncan preamp, 3-band, Stingray ***SOLD***
£50

Used Seymour Duncan preamp, 3-band, their Stingray model. STC-3M4.

4 knobs + output jack, plus battery connector (battery connector not in the picture).

Bass, Mids, Treble and Volume. The volume knob is a push/pull which engages the "slap circuitry", essentially boost on lows and treble. I believe there is a trim pot to adjust the boost.

I bought it here from another forum member but the project will not materialise, so... here it goes again :)

Edited by mcnach

[quote name='Rowley Birkin QC' timestamp='1383137286' post='2260592']
Hi Mcnach,

Does all this fit into the control cavity with the battery, or will it need a separate battery box? ( I have a stingray copy which is only passive at the moment so no separate battery box routing)

Cheers
Rowley
[/quote]

Hmmm, you will need a battery box, I think.

It *could* fit, but the control cavities I've seen in copies (OLP and Vintage brand) I don't think will be big enough (mostly too narrow for teh battery) so you'd have to remove some wood to expand it a bit, which is easy to do with a chisel... and you've got to be careful.
I've always gone for a separate battery compartment when converting basses to active.
The preamp itself is narrow and smallish, so it can be made to fit under the pots, but the battery is just a little too bulky I suspect.
I would assume it will require making a cavity somewhere. I once made one under the pickguard, so that my crime would be concealed! :lol: