Why become a member? ×

NOW SOLD! FARIDA FJB-6
£259

Bassdude BE

Hi,
I've recently bought this here on BC and it is definitely the best buy i've ever made considering the sound and quality you get for the money.

The bass really surprised me with it's build quality and tone & it has one of the most comfortable and easy to play jazz-necks i've ever encountered.

[u]Upgrades are:[/u]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- EMG BTC Control preamp[/font][/color]
[url="http://www.guitarandampshop.co.uk/acatalog/EMG-BTC_Bass_and_Treble_Circuit.html?sa=X&ei=J2qBUam6Ioyo0AW_04CQCA&ved=0CCgQ-RIwAg"]http://www.guitarand...ved=0CCgQ-RIwAg[/url]

- [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]BB404 locking high-mass bridge[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Closed pickup covers[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- Frets have been leveled and the bass had a pro set-up[/font][/color]

- [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Control layout has been changed to add a 3-way pickup selector switch along with the knobs of Master Volume, [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Stacked bass/treble cut&boost.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The bass is in very good [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]condition, no technical issues, straight neck,plenty of life in the frets.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]She is currently set up with 35-90 Rotosound Funkmaster strings with a medium to low action,[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]intonation is spot on. except for a small dent in the paint near the bridge (less than a mm wide& hardly noticeable!) the bass looks mint. [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]She also has a beautifull engraved backplate that's not shown in the picture. [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif](I'd take some pictures, but my digital camera died on me :s) [/font][/color]

Here's a video of our very own "Allthumbs" reviewing the Farida (video was made before the upgrades were done!):
[media]http://youtu.be/Aks3fSHA1jU[/media]

She plays and sounds superb, only reason i'm letting her go is that i really need a P-bass for the heavy rock band that i joined last month.

The bass comes with a spanking new Stagg gigbag and i also have a fitting box and package materials available to ensure safe shipping.

[color=#008000][/color]

[b]Cash price: 250£ (incl. U.K. shipment) => NOW SOLD![/b]
[b]Trade value: 275£[/b]

Edited by Bassdude BE

Looks very familiar - even the carpet looks like mine ;) .

Excellent bass - great value for money.
This bass is the VERY SAME one as in the video - own a piece of Farida history.

I'd be tempted to have this back had I not got the higher spec FJB20 Model - again another great bass.

Love Farida's I do, both of these Farida's give my Non Export CIJ Fender Jazz with Nordstand Pups and Pre a run for their money!