Why become a member? ×

Lakland 55-02 Natural. SOLD
£750

chardbass

I bought this bass on here as a back up to my main bass (also irrational GAS) but it just isn't getting the use I thought it might so it's time to free up some funds.
I subsequently ordered a black pick guard from Jeannies as needed it to feel the same as my 'A' bass if ever I needed to slap- the bass was set up at The Gallery and has been played twice since.
(The guard is held on with double sided tape so is easily removed)
A Lakland case is included which has had a fair bit of wear externally but will offer protection in the case of a couriered delivery.
The bass is virtually as new- I would describe it as in A- condition . Made in Indonesia with the newer LH-3 system and Lakland pick-ups.

Price is [size=5][u][b]£690[/b][/u][/size] collected (unable to edit price or trade value)

[attachment=145524:IMG_1881.jpg][attachment=145523:IMG_1882.jpg][attachment=145525:IMG_1883.jpg][attachment=145526:IMG_1884.jpg]

Edited by chardbass

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why is this still here?? A great bass at a fantastic price - the Jeannie's plate must have cost £50 on its own. I already have two 55-02's (sorry, showing off now) and I'd have this one as well if there wasn't a fair likelihood of a black eye from the missus if I did... :ph34r:

Have a bump. Someone needs to buy this quick and save me from an ass whooping courtesy of 'er indoors.

[quote name='lowregisterhead' timestamp='1385400669' post='2287796']
Why is this still here?? A great bass at a fantastic price - the Jeannie's plate must have cost £50 on its own. I already have two 55-02's (sorry, showing off now) and I'd have this one as well if there wasn't a fair likelihood of a black eye from the missus if I did... :ph34r:

Have a bump. Someone needs to buy this quick and save me from an ass whooping courtesy of 'er indoors.
[/quote]

Don't want to start a discussion, but it's pre Christmas time, and all the leftover money goes into presents for the family right now...if this was January time, I would have bought it already. Good luck, looks like a great bass!

[quote name='xroads' timestamp='1385412349' post='2288042']
Don't want to start a discussion, but it's pre Christmas time, and all the leftover money goes into presents for the family right now...if this was January time, I would have bought it already. Good luck, looks like a great bass!
[/quote]

At this rate it will still be here in January so I may keep you to that! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'm curious about this bass, and since you own a 55-94 I'd be really interested to hear your thoughts on how these two basses stack up against each other. Was your 55-94 worth the extra money I'm assuming you spent on it, and if so, is it in terms of feel, sound, or a combination of the two?

O

I'm beginning to realise that no 2 basses feel and sound the same. I have owned a few 55-02s hoping to find a suitable back up and all 3 basses were different.
I bought my 55-94 about 12yrs ago and it was a bargain back then but the price is subjective. In my opinion there is quite a big difference between the 02 and 94 basses contrary to what I've seen written- maybe if I tried another 55-94 I might think it was different to mine.

To answer your question, it's a combination of the two but one is only a few years old and the other is much older and has been well played.
I have no idea if that helps!
This 55-02 is a bargain for under £700- a s/h 55-94 is at least £1k more I suppose.

Edited by chardbass