Why become a member? ×

Custom LS-2

woodyratm

Hey guys,
I'm wondering how easy it would be to make an LS-2 but with a single footswitch that goes A+B to A>B. Bypass not required.

I recall Shep had (and sold) one like this from SFX a while back.

Is there anything on the market that could do this? Or will it be a complete custom job?

Is this a project I could attempt to muddle though on my own? I'm looking to get into building my own fx (just for the entertainment value more than anything). If it could be, anyone have any idea how to do it? :)

Cheers!

Dave

Perfectly possible, although the difficulty I would find is in that you couldn't go either or and both or neither in any order you wanted.

I just got a custom LS-2 based unit from Tom at Cog effects.

If you arn't fussed about clean blends and phase stuff you could just get a 2 channel switcher with a on/off for each and an accompanying level control. If its small enough then it's easy to press both at the same time.

Then you don't have to cycle from A to B to get to A+B.
Two switch way if A is on you stomp both and it switches B on and A off or if you want both just stomp B.

Mine is mint, I would hit Tom up as his build times sent too long either.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1381135370' post='2234629']
Perfectly possible, although the difficulty I would find is in that you couldn't go either or and both or neither in any order you wanted.

I just got a custom LS-2 based unit from Tom at Cog effects.

If you arn't fussed about clean blends and phase stuff you could just get a 2 channel switcher with a on/off for each and an accompanying level control. If its small enough then it's easy to press both at the same time.

Then you don't have to cycle from A to B to get to A+B.
Two switch way if A is on you stomp both and it switches B on and A off or if you want both just stomp B.

Mine is mint, I would hit Tom up as his build times sent too long either.
[/quote]

I now have a custom unit on the way after some talks with Tom.

Great to deal with. looking forward to it!

A/B switch, A+B switch, gain control for both channels, phase switch for both channels, and gain controls for A+B channels.

Hopefully with Metal Gear inspired artwork!

We couldn't get a bypass without adding another footswitch (which is totally fine with me!)

I've been thinking about getting a blend pedal of some kind, basically to just mix back in some proper bass tone when using effects, mainly dirt.
Was looking like the LS-2 was the only option, but it's kinda complicated as all I need is A/B volume, even a sinlge pan or blend knob would do it and an on/off switch.
Reckon it would be worth talking to Cog, or would it end up more pricey than just getting an LS-2 and ignoring everything else it does?...

Cheers,
Eude

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1381331054' post='2237737']
I've been thinking about getting a blend pedal of some kind, basically to just mix back in some proper bass tone when using effects, mainly dirt.
Was looking like the LS-2 was the only option, but it's kinda complicated as all I need is A/B volume, even a sinlge pan or blend knob would do it and an on/off switch.
Reckon it would be worth talking to Cog, or would it end up more pricey than just getting an LS-2 and ignoring everything else it does?...

Cheers,
Eude
[/quote]

Hey Eude,

For something that simple the LS-2 would be a cheaper option honestly. Sure I'm probably not supposed to talk my way out of business but for purely blending clean back in with your existing dirt the LS-2 will do the job just fine. Check for anything that will invert phase though, in which case either a unit from me or the Xotic would be good options!

Cheers :-)
Tom

[quote name='TG Flatline' timestamp='1381336345' post='2237838']
Hey Eude,

For something that simple the LS-2 would be a cheaper option honestly. Sure I'm probably not supposed to talk my way out of business but for purely blending clean back in with your existing dirt the LS-2 will do the job just fine. Check for anything that will invert phase though, in which case either a unit from me or the Xotic would be good options!

Cheers :-)
Tom
[/quote]

Hey Tom,
thanks for chiming in, much appreciated!
I'll look out for a secondhand LS-2 then.

Cheers,
Eude

Edited by eude