Why become a member? ×

books for right hand

Kaiu

hi,

I know there is plenty of information on right hand techniques, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any good right hand 'workout' books.

I already have bass fitness by josquin de pees which has really improved my left hand.

Thanks

Ed

'Muted Grooves' by Josquin Des Pres is pretty good for right hand techniques as far as 16th-note playing and ghosting is concerned. You could also try to find the Rocco Prestia instructional video which has some great stuff to practice in it.

[quote name='Huge Hands' post='222185' date='Jun 19 2008, 02:32 PM']B*****cks! Beat me to it JL![/quote]
Can't believe it took 4 posts to get smutty. Come on lads, get your bloody [b][i]fingers out[/i][/b], how often does a title like that [b][i]come up[/i][/b]. Fnarr fnarr.

Edited by johnnylager

[quote name='johnnylager' post='222181' date='Jun 19 2008, 02:30 PM']Razzle.[/quote]

Ha I'm left handed actually, I play bass right handed though.

The wierd one is cricket... I throw with my left hand but bowl with my right. I can't do it the other way round...

Ed

[quote name='Kaiu' post='221804' date='Jun 18 2008, 11:05 PM']hi,

I know there is plenty of information on right hand techniques, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any good right hand 'workout' books.

I already have bass fitness by josquin de pees which has really improved my left hand.

Thanks

Ed[/quote]

that book has exercises designed for both hands... the tab is all about the left hand, but to play them properly, you have to use your right hand correctly.

If you're worried about your timing as his exercises are all the same note value, then get his other book:

Simplified Sight Reading For Bass

oh, and there's no tab at all in it... ha ha... :) and you'll pick up some sight reading as well...

[quote name='Galilee' post='222241' date='Jun 19 2008, 03:50 PM']You f***er, I posted smut in the first reply to the OP.

:huh:[/quote]
I stand corrected. :huh: , the prize is yours! Bookmarked that little fella. In the folder right at the bottom of my 'Favourites' menu, where the wife doesn't look. :)

EDIT: 'Join Now' - that another few quid of me GAS fund down the drain.... :brow:

Edited by johnnylager

Ha ha, your wife will work it out when she starts to type something beginning with 'T' into Google and Windows suggests auto-completing with 'T*ts c*mshot'

:)

(edited because I thought that the filter would catch that, ha ha ha)

Edited by Galilee

[quote name='Galilee' post='222654' date='Jun 20 2008, 09:12 AM']Ha ha, your wife will work it out when she starts to type something beginning with 'T' into Google and Windows suggests auto-completing with 'T*ts c*mshot'

:)

(edited because I thought that the filter would catch that, ha ha ha)[/quote]
Fortunately she looks at the keyboard when typing and doesn't see the auto complete! :huh:

• 3 weeks later...