Why become a member? ×

Hipshot BT8 Bass Extender

Lozz196

Managed to get one off of our very own BigBassBob.

Sure you all know what they do so won`t go on about that too long, just enables you, with a flick of a lever to drop your tuning on the low E string - I`ve mine set up to go down to D.

But the reason for the review is this, if any of you are thinking about one of these, but are put off as it involves diy, don`t worry. All you need is a spanner, the item fits straight to the bass with no mods required, it took me less than 5 mins to do it and I`m rubbish at diy - I set 30 mins aside for this, lol.

The BT8 fits post 2008 Series Fender Precisions & Jazzes. Great piece of kit, and even has the Fender "F" on it to match the other tuning pegs. If you need to drop down lower than standard tuning it`s definitely worth getting one.

Glad to hear you installed with ease :)

One word of advice for these; when you tune your low E and then drop to D and move back up, the E will be slightly sharp. So, I find it best to tune the E very slightly flat, check the tuning of the D and then it's usually bang on when brought back up. Once it's tuned it'll stay in tune, you just have to make sure to check the E as above.